The Finance Manager/Bookkeeper and Human Resources Administrator will be responsible for the finance, accounting, bookkeeping, and human resources functions of OneSpark (Pty) Ltd and its subsidiaries. This will require the ability to juggle several organizational tasks at once. The job is extremely hands-on and detail-oriented, bearing much responsibility, so the individual must be responsible, pedantic, and self-reliant. The ability to present information to owners directors and fellow colleagues is critical; in those presentations, they must be able to define problems distinctly, collect data accurately, establish reliable facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The individual will have the primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial and human resources-related activities of the group. The individual will be held accountable for managing the group’s finances and reporting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities include managing all aspects of the group’s financial accounts and human resources administration, including bookkeeping, treasury, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash flow management, reporting, human resources and payroll and associated functions like PAYE, workmen compensation, EE reporting.
General responsibilities include:
- Preparing monthly management accounts with findings and recommendations and presentation to the directors, by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. The monthly management accounts to be presented by no later than the 7th of the following month
- Accounting and bank reconciliations
- Treasury functions
- Liaising with the auditors for the group’s audit and preparing the audit packs timeously
- Develop budget and cash flow management processes, including performance measures that support OneSpark’s strategic direction and risk management planning and mitigation
- Manage and process payroll
- Accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and other bookkeeping functions including VAT returns
- Construct and monitor reliable internal control systems
- Develop and regularly monitor personnel policies, procedures, and practices to ensure they are adequate and meet the group’s requirements
- Facilitate employment process including first line recruitment, selection, and placement. This may consist of employment advertising, working with employment agencies, skills testing of applicants, interviewing, salary negotiations, reference checking and new employee orientation
- Manage personnel permanent files; maintain organizational structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Appropriate online and offline record keeping for all financial and human resource matters and documents
- Various other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the joint CEOs, including acting as office administrator and personal assistant to the joint CEOs
Qualifications and Experience Required
Extensive experience with bookkeeping, financial statements, management accounts, consolidations, reconciliations, payroll, and human resource administration is required. Preference will be given to an individual who has had experience in the long term insurance industry.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years traineeship at auditing firm
- 3+ years of progressively responsible roles in finance, bookkeeping and human resources
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality (given the confidential nature of human resources work), superior ethics and strong business acumen
- Ability to productively use accounting and payroll software and remain adaptive to new technology
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Possess a high level of analytical and technical capacity
- Detail oriented, accurate, thorough
- Maintain legal comprehension especially with regard to regulatory compliance
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills as well as the ability to multi-task, prioritize, meet deadlines and be a team player
- Experience working in a multi-company group is preferred
- Works independently with minimal supervision on a broad variety of projects
Please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and include the subject line – Financial Manager/Bookkeeper and HR administrator
We look forward to hearing from you.